Wine and Yoga in Tuscany Retreat
with Sadie Nardini, E-RYT
Montalcino, Tuscany Italy
July 28 - August 3, 2013
When you make the choice to join Sadie’s yoga retreat in Tuscany this year, you will not just be signing up for a week of focused practice with one of the world’s most sought after instructors: you are also choosing to spend a week in a thriving medieval village and wine growing community that has beguiled foreigners and Italians alike for many centuries.
Surrounded by breathtaking vistas which have been the backdrop to many films and countless true tales of bravery and romance, there is no better way to experience the idyllic images that the mere mention of Tuscany brings to mind. Not just a week in the heart of this enchanted land, but a week of experiences crafted to give you a unique insight into the history and culture of a proud and durable people who have until recent times had very little exposure to the outside world. Times are changing and modern conveniences may abound, but the mindset and devotion to tradition remains much as it was 500 years ago. From the Palio horse race in Siena’s Piazza il Campo to the competition to find the best among the expert archers of Montalcino, history lives through the continued recounting of events in ‘festas’ throughout the year. These traditions are as strong as they were in the days of Lorenzo di Medici, and even the ancient resentments born of 16th century sieges linger in rivalries between the different provinces united under the banner of the rich and powerful Florentines.
History also expresses itself in the kitchen and the wine cellar, with recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation with ingredients that peasants have managed to grow in the soil or gather from the woods, hunting small game and ferocious wild boar, and reflect a tradition of cooking that informs not only the Italian table, but inspired the haute cuisine of France. Montalcino’s wines are considered among the finest available anywhere in the world and no wine lover misses the chance to visit the home of the “Brunello” wines which are more like a love potion than mere wine.
After your yoga class, choose to visit the local medieval museum, visit nearby thermal baths once enjoyed by Roman patricians on their way to the northern provinces, hike the perimeter of the ancient defensive walls, rent a mountain bike for a back road adventure through vineyards, spend an afternoon at a wine tasting or sampling local specialties in the bakery and artisanal groceries. The local pottery and crafts are unique not only to the province but often to the town, including the handmade local pasta – pinci – and locally made pecorino cheeses from nearby Pienza.
After six days in Montalcino you will feel like you truly know the place and the surrounding areas, and come home with the sense of having almost become ‘a local’ through the doors that we can open for you. All you have to do is step through.
THE DATES: JULY 28 - AUGUST 3!
- Stay in Montalcino, a fortressed Medieval town on a Tuscan hilltop.
- Get authentic Tuscan cooking lessons from a local chef!
- Most all of your meals are included. There are a couple of free-time meals where you can seek your own culinary adventure.
- Breakfast is included--then enjoy Don's personal selection of Tuscan fare from local and regional restaurants.
- Experience family-owned wineries from the inside during private tastings.
- Sip a nightly Prosecco or cocktail on the house in a local outdoor cafe in the town square, then head to dinner (a ritual common to the Tuscans)
- Spend a for rejuvenating afternoon soaking in the same 14th-century healing mineral baths as the Medici family and enjoy the spa services of the town Bagno Vignoni
- Explore the art and culture of Siena, the largest existing Medieval city in the world.
- Do 2 hours of daily yoga classes with Sadie to spark your magic ability to actually LOSE weight on this trip!
- Have a meal and wine tasting with Laura Brunelli, a famous vintner whose views of the Tuscan land are said to induce tears of joy at sunset.
- Have plenty of free time to shop, sip espresso and write, bike around, or visit other surrounding towns like Montapulciano, Pienza, Chianti.
Simply put, Don has negotiated with his 'family' and crafted us at least a $5000 retreat for almost half that price!
This includes (beyond belief for what you get!):
- 6 nights stay in a Bed & Breakfast in Montalcino, Tuscany
- ALL meals except for a couple free-time meals + the first round of wine!
- Daily 2 hour yoga classes with Sadie and 1 hour pre-dinner slow flow with another talented instructor
- Authentic Tuscan cooking lessons with amazing local cooks, and a recipe book containing all the cuisine we learned to take home with you.
- Personalized excursions to wineries, restaurants, a spa town and sightseeing
- ALL transportation (to and from the airport, and group excursions. Any individual trips outside the itinerary are not included)
- An orientation soiree at the fortress with food and a round of cocktails, and a farewell cocktail on the last night.
24 PEOPLE MAX ON THIS RETREAT--SO SIGN UP SOON!
***NOTE*** $100 off for the first 10 people to sign up!
To get the earlybird discount of $100 and secure your spot:
- Pay $500 deposit now, $1975 balance due before TBD.
- Pay full $2475 now.
Note: $500 of your deposit is non-refundable. 50% of the remainder is refundable up until 2 weeks before the start date of the retreat.
For more questions, please CONTACT SADIE
If you want this pizza, SIGN UP TODAY!